A California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond is a type of surety bond required by the California Board of Equalization .  The bond amount is set by the board and based on Estimated tax liability, Business history, and Estimated tax liability. The cost of the surety bond is usually between 1% and 3% of the bond amount, subject to a minimum premium and fees of $150. Surety1 will shop its many markets to procure the right price at the right terms.

How to Get a California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond

This bond is not the same as a license. You must have a license before you can get this bond.

At Surety1.com we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:

  1. Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application1
  2. Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day. California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond
  3. Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium

Once these steps have been completed, the California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license. 

Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.

About Surety1.com
Contact Surety1

About the required license

Generally, licenses requiring a California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond fall under these categories:

  1. Manufacturing:
    • Distilled Spirits Manufacturer (Type 20): Produces and bottles distilled spirits like whiskey, vodka, or gin.
    • Winegrower’s Winery (Type 02) & Wine Blender (Type 17/20): Produces and bottles wine.
    • Craft Distiller (Type 47): Produces small quantities of distilled spirits.
    • Beer Manufacturer (Type 23): Produces and bottles beer.
    • Customs Broker (Type 29): Brokers the import and export of alcoholic beverages.
  2. Wholesaling:
    • Wholesaler’s General (Type 21): Sells alcoholic beverages to retailers and other licensees.
    • Importer (Type 32): Imports alcoholic beverages into California.
    • Importing & Exporting:
    • Customs Broker (Type 29): Brokers the import and export of alcoholic beverages.
  3. Warehousing:
    • Non-Selling Public Warehouse (Type 43): Stores alcoholic beverages for others without selling them.

Note: This is not an exhaustive list, and there might be exceptions or additional requirements depending on your specific circumstances.

Once registered you will have to provide the Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond.

How to Get Your California Alcoholic Beverage Tax Bond

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.

0 Happy Customers
Since 2003