The Arkansas House Mover Surety Bond is required by the Arkansas State Highway and Transportation Department. A Surety Bond in the amount of $5,000 is required for damages which may result from the movement of all houses in excess of twenty feet (20’) in width, unless otherwise specified by the Permit Section. This type of bond is fairly easy to obtain; all Surety1 needs is a completed application.
What is the purpose of an Arkansas House Mover Surety Bond?
According to the Arkansas Highway Police Division Permit Section, house movers will need to apply for a permit in order to move their houses in the public highways of the state to up to 28 feet, six inches. Some of the requirements for the applicants are as follows:
- The applicant must be able to present liability insurance in order to pay for any damage that may happen from the movement of an over-sized house. The minimum liability requirements are:
- $100,000 for the first injury
- $300,000 for each accident
- 25,000 for property damage
- The applicant must also inspect the route where the move will happen, accompanied by the District Engineer.
- An escort vehicle is required to be behind the house while it is being moved.
- A surety bond amounting to $5,000 dollars is also required, This bond is in place so that should there be any damage done to public property or highways during the move, the surety company will payout and the principal, or the house mover, will reimburse that money in full.
How can I get an Arkansas House Mover Surety Bond?
Please complete our online application form and within 1 business day one of Surety1’s experts will contact you with a firm amount for surety bond you are getting. Then, you just provide payment and get your Arkansas House Mover Surety Bond shortly after.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003. The company represents over a dozen “A” rated surety companies and maintains a rating of A+ by the Better Business Bureau.