The Arkansas Contractor License Surety Bond is required by the State of Arkansas Contractor’s Licensing Board. A Contractor License Bond promises that the contractor will operate their business as stated by the local or state government. The AR Contractor’s Licensing Board requires this bond in the amount of $10,000.
What are the requirements to be a contractor in Arkansas?
No contractor can practice his profession in the state of Arkansas until they are issued a license. The following are the requirements in order to qualify for a license:
- A completed application form
- A non-refundable filing fee of $100 payable to the Contractor’s Licensing Board.
- Three written references that will prove that you have the experience required for the classification you want. Note that these references cannot come from a supplier or banker.
- Copy of your passing test score for the Arkansas Business and Law
- Financial statement from an independent CPA
- Worker’s Compensation insurance coverage if you have more than one employee
- An Arkansas Contractor License Surety Bond amounting to $10,000 issued by a surety company licensed to do business in the state. Note that the original bond, along with a power of attorney, should be submitted for the licensed to be released.
How can I get an Arkansas Contractor License Surety Bond?
Surety1 has made it very easy to get an Arkansas Contractor License Surety Bond. Simply complete our easy to navigate online application form, and within 1 business day, an agent will contact you with a quote. Once you pay and sign some necessary paperwork, your surety bond will be mailed to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight delivery is available.
Surety1 represents over a dozen ”A” rated surety bond providers and has been issuing Arkansas surety bonds since 2003. The company is licensed to operate in all 50 states and maintains an A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.