Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier Bond

Click to See bond form

An Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier bond is a type of surety bond required by the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT) for any business that wants to obtain a license to sell motor fuels in the state. The bond serves as a financial guarantee that the supplier will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and that they will pay all taxes and fees due to the state. AZ Motor Fuel Supplier Bond

The amount of the bond required depends on the volume of motor fuels that the supplier expects to sell. The minimum bond amount is $50,000, but it can be higher for larger suppliers. The cost of the surety bond is usually between 1% and 3% of the bond amount. Surety1 will shop its many markets to procure the right price at the right terms.

How to get an Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier Surety Bond

At we make it easy to obtain this surety bond. Our simple, three step process is:

  1. Complete the easy to navigate and secure online application1
  2. Review the free, no obligation quote from one of Surety1’s professional surety bond agents, usually within one business day. 2
  3. Sign some paperwork and pay the bond premium

Once these steps have been completed, the Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier Bond will be shipped to the bond applicant.
1 -The name of the applicant on the surety bond application must match exactly the full legal business name of applicant for the license.
2- Subject to underwriter approval, based on aggregate surety bond exposure, additional underwriting information may be required is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Representing over a dozen surety bond companies, is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003.

Contact Surety1

How to Get a Motor Fuel Supplier License in Arizona

Here are the steps on how to get a Motor Fuel Supplier License in Arizona:

  1. Register for a Motor Fuel Supplier License with the Arizona Department of Transportation (ADOT). You can do this online through ADOT’s online portal, SETUP (State Excise Tax User Portal).
  2. Submit the required documentation. This includes:
    • A completed Motor Fuel Supplier application
    • An Arizona Corporation Commission Certificate of Good Standing (corporation, LLC or LLLC only)
    • A Federal 637 Registration, if applicable
    • An IRS 147C letter, W-9 or other tax document from IRS to verify your EIN
    • A Business Background (brief business history)
    • A Scope of Operations (current and projected)
    • A Power of Attorney–Motor Fuel Tax, 96-0611 (required if someone is acting on the applicant’s behalf, once licensed)
    • An Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier bond 
  3. Pay the required fees. The fees for a Motor Fuel Supplier License are:
    • Application fee: $25
    • License fee: $250
  4. Once your application is approved, you will receive your Motor Fuel Supplier License in the mail.

Here are some additional resources that you may find helpful:

Please note that the information above is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice. It is always best to consult with an attorney to ensure that you are complying with all applicable laws and regulations.







How to Get Your Arizona Motor Fuel Supplier Bond

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.

0 Happy Customers
Since 2003