The Alaska Contractor’s License Surety Bond is required by the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development of Alaska. The bond amount varies depending on the type of license (see below). The surety bond guarantees the contractor’s promise to pay all:
- Taxes and contributions due the state and political subdivisions;
- Persons furnishing labor or material or renting or supplying equipment to the applicant; and
- Amounts that may be adjudged against the applicant by reason of negligent or improper work or breach of
contract in the conduct of the contracting business or home inspection activity, as applicable, or by reason of
damage to public facilities occurring in the course of a construction project.
What are the requirements in order to be a licensed contractor in Alaska?
Alaska Statues states that no person can submit a bid or work as a contractor unless issued a certificate of registration by the Department of Commerce, Community, and Economic Development. The requirements that need to be submitted include a completed, signed and notarized application form, which you can get from the Alaska Department of Commerce website, a and application fee of $65 and a license fee of $235, a certificate of insurance and also proof of worker’s compensation insurance.
Aside from that, you must also present a surety bond. The bond amount differs depending on the type of contractor.
- General Contractor – $25,000
- General Contractor with Residential Endorsement – $20,000
- Specialty or Mechanical Contractor – $10,000
- General Contractor Handyman (per project) – $5,000
How can I obtain an Alaska Contractor’s License Surety Bond?
Surety Solutions Insurance Services,Inc. (Surety1) has made it very easy to get an Alaska Contractor’s License Surety Bond. Simply complete our easy to navigate online application form, and within 1 business day an agent will contact you with a form quote. Then make payment, sign some paperwork and your bond will be shipped to you via USPS priority mail. Overnight shipping is available for an additional fee.
Surety1 represents over a dozen :”a” rated surety bond providers and has been issuing Alaska surety bonds since 2003. The company is licensed to operate in all 50 states and maintains a A+ rating by the Better Business Bureau.
Looking for a Performance and Payment Bond?
How to Get Your Alaska Contractor’s License Surety Bond | Surety1.com
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.