The Alabama Mortgage Broker Bond is required by the Alabama State Banking Department under the Alabama Consumer Credit Act, Safe Mortgage Licensing Act, and Mortgage Brokers Licensing Act.
CLICK HERE to complete our online application and receive a free quote on your Alabama Mortgage Broker Bond!
The Alabama Mortgage Broker Bond does not protect the mortgage broker, it is not insurance. The clients of the mortgage broker are protected by this bond for:
- Failing to make disclosures
- Collecting or charging any prohibited fee
- Intentionally obtaining property fraudulently
- Failing to comply with state laws
- Not accounting for mortgage loan transaction monies
What bond amount do I need?
- Loan volumes between $0 – $25,000,000 require a minimum $25,000 surety bond
- Loan volumes between $25,000,001 – $100,000,000 require a minimum $50,000 surety bond
- Loan volume over $100,000,000 requires a minimum $75,000 surety bond
Valid: 1 year – expires December 31st – Renewable
The price for the Alabama Mortgage Broker Surety Bond, also known as the bond premium, is only a small fraction of the bond amount. The applicant should verify the bond amount with the obligee before applying for an Alabama Mortgage Broker Surety Bond to ensure the bond amount is correct. If the bond is to be cancelled, the obligee must be given a notice of at least 60 days before the bond cancellation date.
APPLY for your Alabama Mortgage Broker Surety Bond today!
Alabama Mortgage Broker Licensing Fees and Requirements:
- Surety bond in an amount determined by the State of Alabama Banking Department
- Criminal background check
- Certificate of Authority from the Secretary of State of Alabama
- Non-refundable $600 application fee per location or $500 license renewal fee per location
- Qualifying Individual: each applicant needs at least one person with two or more years of experience in the mortgage industry
All licensing fees are required by the obligee, not the surety company. Applicants must submit their license application to the Supervisor of the Bureau of Loans.
How do I get the bond?
At Surety1.com, we make it easy to obtain your Alabama Mortgage Broker Bond. Simply complete our easy to navigate, online application and a professional surety bond agent will contact you with a firm quote, usually within 1 business day of applying. They you will need to sign some important paperwork, make payment and your bond will be delivered via traceable ground shipping. Overnight shipping is also available.
Surety1.com is a service of AssuredPartners one of the largest and fastest growing insurance agencies in the nation. Surety1.com is the premier online provider of surety bonds nationwide since 2003 and the company maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
For additional licensing information, visit the Alabama State Banking Department website here.
Click Here to Visit our State by State Guide for Mortgage Industry Bonds
How to Get Your Alabama Mortgage Broker Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.