The Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond is required by the Alabama Board of Heating, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration. The bond amount for this type of bond is $15,000 for the year. Surety1 writes the Alabama Heating & Air Conditioning bond for as low as $150 for the year.
Who Needs to Get an Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond?
If you wish to be an Alabama Heating, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration contractor, you will need to comply with the requirements set forth in the Code of Alabama 1975, Sections 34-31-18. The surety bond is included in the list and you will not be able to get a license if you do not comply. Why is there a need for the performance security bond? It is posted to ensure that you as the principal, will agree to make sure that you are going to conduct your business in a professional manner and that you will obey the laws and regulations that are required of you by the State of Alabama.
What are the Requirements to Get an Alabama HVAC Contractor License and Surety Bond?
The Alabama Board of Heating Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Contractors emphasizes that the following requirements must be submitted to their office ten full working days before the meeting date of the Board, which you can get from the Alabama HVAC Contractors’ website, along with the application forms you will need to submit.
The requirements are as follows:
- A filled-out application form that has been signed and notarized, along with payment for the examination fee of $150.00.
- A copy of an Apprentice Certificate issued by the Board for the previous two years or transcripts showing you have graduated and completed an approved curriculum.
- In the absence of an Apprentice Certificate, you must show proof that you have 3000 hours of work experience under someone who is licensed by HACR.
- Performance bond amounting to $15,000 with you as the principal and the Board as the obligee, plus a surety company that is licensed to operate in Alabama.
Where Can I Get An Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond?
Surety1 can provide an Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond for you. We have been issuing surety bonds since 2003 for all 50 states and we have also been rated A+ by the Better Business Bureau.
The process is easy. All you need to do is complete this easy to navigate, online application form and wait for one of our surety experts to call you with a quote. Simply make the payment and you Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond will be mailed to you right away.
How to Get Your Alabama HVAC Contractor Surety Bond
- Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
- One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!
If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.
Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.