Contractor Regulations in Oregon:
Anyone working in the construction industry profiting from improvements on real property need to be licensed with the Construction Contractors Board. The steps outlined on the CCB website provide the following requirements.
- You will need to determine what kind of contractor’s license endorsement you need. The license varies depending on the type of contractor work you plan to do. Click here to see a chart of endorsements for your specific work.
- Second, complete a contractor training course permitted by the Construction Contractors Board. The course requires 16 hours of contractor training. Here is a list of accredited educators for the state of Oregon.
- Next, you will need to pass the Oregon state contractor’s exam with your education provider.
- You’ll need to file your business name with the Oregon Corporate Division after you pass your state exam.
- Then, an applicant will need to get provide a Construction Contractor’s Board Application, found on the CCB Guide. The application varies depending on whether you plan on performing work in the field of: commercial, residential, or both. There is a separate application for each category.
- Lastly, a surety bond and general liability insurance must be obtained.
Oregon Contractor Bonds through Surety1 :
- may be obtained with no credit pull, as long as your required bond amount is $20k or less. Most of the bonds can be written a 1% rate with a multiple year discount available. This means that you can get a $10,000 bond fro just $250.00 for 3 years, regardless of credit. We offer the best rates. Do not hesitate to call us about our great deal on Oregon Contractor Bonds. 877-654-2327.
We offer a discount on these bonds at renewal as well. That way, every year that you need your Contractor’s license surety bond, you get a better and better rate. No other surety market can guarantee this type of customer appreciation. Give us a ring and we’ll be glad to direct you to our online application.