Pennsylvania Lost Stock CertificatePennsylvania Lost Stock Certificate Bond will be required if lose your stock certificate. For the majority of stocks, you still own your shares even without the paper certificate.  Follow the steps below to get your certificate replaced.

How to Replace a Lost Stock Certificate in Pennsylvania

1. Notify the Transfer Agent

First, you must notify the transfer agent of the loss. The transfer agent will place a “stop transfer” on the certificate. This is to prevent others from cashing it in. The transfer agent or the broker-dealer will then notify the SEC of the lost or missing certificates. You will receive a letter from the transfer agent notifying you of exactly what is needed to replace the certificates.

2. Apply for a Lost Instrument Bond

To replace your lost stock certificate, a Pennsylvania Lost Stock Certificate Bond for a stock certificate is required by the issuing company. This bond is a third-party guarantee against financial loss for the company. Learn more about what the bond does and why it’s required. Surety1 can save you money. The transfer agency will usually offer you the required surety bond to replace the stock certificate. You do not have to purchase the bond from them. Obtain the surety bond from Surety1, and most customers save a third, sometimes even more, from the price offered via the transfer agency.

Pennsylvania residents can apply here for a “lost instrument bond” for your lost stock certificate: Lost Instrument Bond Application

Surety1 has been providing surety bonds nationwide since 2003 and is licensed in all 50 states. In addition to our easy to use, online application, Surety1 offers fast and friendly service. With a team of 14 surety bond professionals, Surety1 can handle all of your bond needs. The company maintains an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. 

In 2019, Surety1 joined AssuredPartners, Inc., one of the 12 largest insurance agencies in the country.


Pennsylvania Lost Stock Certificate Surety Bond

How to Get Your Pennsylvania Lost Stock Certificate Bond

  1. Complete an online application. It’s free and no-obligation.
  2. One of our surety experts will contact you with a firm quote and an agreement to sign.
  3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, and then you will receive your Surety Bond!

If you have any questions, please call us at 877-654-2327.

How to Get Bonded

1. Apply Online
Using our Free & Secure Application
2. Get Your Free Quote
Applications are No-Obligation
3. Get Your Bond
Most Bonds are Approved in 1-2 Business Days

Surety Bond Experts

Surety1 was founded in 2003 and helps thousands of clients find the best prices on their surety bonds. We take pride in our work so that we can give you great service. Learn more about Surety1.