The California Car Wash Surety Bond is required by the California Department of Industrial Relations. The amount of the surety bond is $150,000 per location.
How Much Does the Car Wash Bond Cost?
The cost of this surety bond varies. Surety1 has markets available that will provide the California Car Wash surety bond for as low as $975.00 per year (subject to underwriting approval from the surety company). Full financial disclosure is required to get this low rate. Surety1 has other rates available without having to provide financial statements.
We offer an easy online application and fast service. Get your no-obligation quote today!
Car Wash Requirements
Every person engaged in the business of car washing & polishing must register with the Labor Commissioner. California Code of Regulations, Title 8, Section 13680 through 13693.
Washing and polishing is defined by the Department of Industrial Relations as “Car washing and polishing” and means washing, cleaning, drying, polishing, detailing, servicing, or otherwise providing cosmetic care to vehicles.
When Is a Bond Not Required?
The bond requirement is waived for car wash employers who are covered by a valid collective bargaining agreement that meets specified criteria.
Car wash activities excluded from the licensing and bond requirement include:
- Motor vehicle repair, as defined in Section 9880.1 of the Business and Professions Code.
- Any charitable, youth, service, veteran, or sports group, club, or association that conducts car washing and polishing on an intermittent basis to raise funds for charitable, education, or religious purposes.
- Any licensed vehicle dealer or car rental agency that conducts car washing and polishing ancillary to its primary business of selling, leasing, or servicing vehicles.
- Either a new motor vehicle dealer,that is primarily engaged in the business of selling, leasing, renting, or servicing vehicles or an automotive repair dealer.
How To Get Your California Car Wash Surety Bond
1. Complete our easy online application.
2. One of our surety experts will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
3. Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!
If you’re not sure what you need, call us at 877-654-2327 and we’ll be glad to help.