The California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond is required by the State of California
A legal document assistant is someone who provides any self-help service to persons who are representing themselves in a legal matter for compensation. Legal Document Assistant registration is required in each county where services are performed.The required bond is good for all counties. To register with each county, the legal document assistant must:
- Possess a valid government issued picture identification (established by a birth certificate, such as a driver’s license or passport).
- Present a bond in the amount of $25,000 naming the registrant as principal providing the term of the bond, two (2) years, commencement date and expiration date.
- Provide documentation that you have met the educational requirements of Legal Document Assistant.
The state requires a surety bond in the amount of $25,000 in these cases to help ensure that the legal document assistant will not cause any financial harm.
How do you get a California Legal Document Assistant Surety Bond?
These bonds are fairly easy to obtain, all we need is a filled out application. In most cases we don’t even need a credit report! The cost of the California Legal Document Assistant Bond is about $400 for two years.
We have been providing low cost bonding since 2003, and we work with over a dozen different companies to provide our customers with the lowest price possible. We offer a fast and free quote from one of our surety experts. To start the process of getting your bond today:
- Complete our online application
- One of our surety experts will call and email you with the firm quote and an agreement to sign.
- Provide payment and your signed agreement, then you will receive your bond!